Homemade Dog Food Recipe Quick Directions:
- Brown beef - drain fat.
- Chop asparagus into bite sizes and steam five minutes.
- Combine beef, asparagus and peas.
- Add sunflower oil.
- Add vitamins and minerals.
3 lbs (raw weight), beef, cooked
3 lbs Asparagus, cooked
2 1/3 lbs peas, cooked
7 teaspoons sunflower oil
1/2 cup Azestfor Homemade Dog Food Vitamins
This recipe will yield approximately 8 1/2 lbs of food. Equating to 6,524 calories (Kcals) Approximately enough servings of food for one week for an 40 lb dog to maintain weight.
In a large skillet or pot place cubed or ground beef. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until beef is cooked.
Remove from heat. Drain excess liquid.
Add fresh or frozen peas to the cooked meat. The heat will lightly cook the peas.
Rinse the asparagus under running water.
Place asparagus in a saucepan and cover with a few inches of water in a saucepan.
When the water starts to boil, cook for 5 minutes.
If you wish, use a microwave-safe cooking dish to boil asparagus in the microwave. Fill the cooking dish with 1/4 cup water, then add the spears and place the lid on the dish. Cook the asparagus on your microwave oven’s high power setting for 3 minutes, then open the door and stir. Finish cooking until the spears are just barely tender, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
Chop asparagus to small bite sizes.
Sunflower oil is added as a source of linoleic acid. If you would like a substitute oil you can add Wheat germ, Walnut or Corn oil in the amount of 1.2 teaspoons.
When the meat, asparagus, and peas are cool to touch you can add the Azestfor nutritional supplements. If you are adding the Azestfor just before serving you would add 1 1/4 teaspoons Azestfor Homemade Dog Food Vitamins per 1 cup of homemade dog food.
Heat destroys the potency of vitamins.
Watch Instructional Cooking Video Homemade Dog Food:
We suggest dividing the daily amount into two servings, one in the morning and one in the evening. Every dog’s nutritional requirements are a little bit different due to age & amount of exercise. If your dog is losing weight, increase food by 1/4 cup a day, if they are gaining weight reduce accordingly.
Weight of Dog:
- 5 lbs to maintain weight 2/3 cup (4.4 oz) per day
- 10 lbs to maintain weight 1 cups ( 7.5 oz) per day
- 15 lbs to maintain weight 1 1/2 cups ( 10.5 oz) per day
- 20 lbs to maintain weight 2 cups ( 13 oz) per day
- 30 lbs to maintain weight 2 1/2 cups (17.5 oz) per day
- 40 lbs to maintain weight 3 cups (20 oz) per day
- 50 lbs to maintain weight 3 2/3 cups (25.5 oz) per day
- 60 lbs to maintain weight 4 1/4 cups (29.5 oz) per day
- 70 lbs to maintain weight 4 3/4 cups ( 33 oz) per day
- 80 lbs to maintain weight 5 1/4 cups (36.5 oz) per day
- 90 lbs to maintain weight 5 3/4 cups ( 40 oz) per day
Shopping Check List:
- Azestfor Homemade Dog Food Vitamins
- Sunflower Oil
- Freezer bags or other storage containers