Homemade Dog Food Recipes
Love & Science
You can tailor your dogs diet to meet your dog’s specific dietary needs i.e. grain free, weight loss or allergy. Improve your dog's health through nutrition.
The Azestfor recipes are delicious & scientifically formulated to be nutritionally complete meals.
Homemade dog food provides unsurpassed nutrition. Low cost ingredient options make high quality meals.
Lower Medical Bills
The easiest way to improve your dogs health is to feed them a higher quality food.
Peace Of Mind
You know exactly what your dog is eating. Free of preservatives and additives. No harsh processing or chemical treatments.
Fresh Whole Food
A balanced diet with plenty of protein improves the dog's skin and a glossy coat.
What Should Homemade Dog Food Contain?
For a Homemade Dog Food to be complete and balanced and provide all of the essential ingredients it should include:
- Carbohydrate/fiber that is cooked so the stomach can digest the starches.
- Minerals particularly calcium
- Multivitamins and trace minerals
What Supplements For Homemade Dog Food?
Calcium is essential in maintaining healthy teeth and bones, it plays an important role in blood coagulation and is essential in muscle contraction and nerve impulse transmission. Calcium should be taken in conjunction with phosphorous, and Vitamin D.
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin whose main action is to increase the amount of phosphorus and calcium that is being absorbed by the intestine.
Calcium, phosphorous and Vitamin D are provided in the correct ratio to ensure a healthy dog diet.
In addition dogs need magnesium, potassium, and sodium for nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and cell signaling. Many minerals that are present only in minute amounts in the body, including selenium, and copper, act as helpers in a wide variety of enzymatic reactions.
- Calcium: Formation of bones and teeth; blood coagulation; nerve impulse transmission; muscle contraction; cell signaling
- Phosphorous: Skeletal structure; DNA and RNA structure; energy metabolism; locomotion; acid-base balance
- Potassium: Acid-base balance; nerveimpulse transmission; enzymatic reactions; transport functions
- Sodium: Acid-base balance; regulation of osmotic pressure; nerve impulse generation and transmission
- Chloride: Acid-base balance; transfer of extracellular fluids across cell membranes
- Magnesium: Enzyme functions; muscle and nerve-cell membrane stability; hrmone secretion and function; mineral structure of bones and teeth
- Iron: Synthesis of blood components; energy metabolism
- Copper: Connective tissue formation; iron metabolism; blood cell formation; melanin pigment formation; myelin formation; defense against oxidative damage
- Manganese: Enzyme functions; bone development; neurological function
- Zinc: Enzyme reactions; cell replication; protein and carbohydrate metabolism; skin function; wound healing
- Iodine: Thyroid hormone synthesis; cell differentiation; growth and development of puppies; regulation of metabolic rate
- Selenium: Defense against oxidative damage; immune response
- Vitamin A: Vision; growth; immune function; fetal development; cellular differentiation; transmembrane protein transfer
- Vitamin D: Maintenance of mineral status; phosphorous balance
- Vitamin E: Defense against oxidative damage
- Thiamine aka Vitamin B1: Energy and carbohydrate metabolism; activation of ion channels in neural tissue
- Riboflavin: Enzyme functions
- Pantothenic Acid: Energy metabolism
- Niacin: Enzyme functions
- Pyridoxine B6: Glucose generation; red blood cell function; niacin synthesis; nervous system function; immune response; hormone regulation; gene activation
- Folic Acid: Amino acid and nucleotide metabolism; mitochondrial protein synthesis
- Vitamin B 12: Enzyme functions
- Choline: Phosopholipid cell membrane component
VITAMINS & MINERALS FOR DOGS
Homemade Dog Food Supplement.
- Azestfor has removed the guess work for making your own homemade dog food.
- 24 simple and delicious recipes.
- Make complete & balanced dog food that meets AFFCO's standards